Did you know that Cosmetic Dentistry provides more than just beautiful smiles? According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD), cosmetic dentistry has also been shown to improve a patient’s overall health and emotional well being.
An improved smile can boost a person’s self image, making them more confident in their daily lives. Higher self-esteem can motivate a person to pursue a new career, perhaps even a career they had previously ruled out because of a lack of self-esteem. In a survey conducted by the AACD, 74% of adult Americans who responded believed an unattractive smile could hurt a person’s chances for career success.
Experts from the AACD also say that oral health benefits when a person has their smile improved. AACD President Dr. Wynn Okuda of Honolulu, HI states, “People are more concerned about maintaining their teeth after cosmetic dentistry because they are proud of the way they look. Once they have seen the benefits of a healthy, natural smile, oral health becomes a priority.”
And the good news is that the benefits of cosmetic dentistry are no longer just for “status seekers” or the rich and famous to enjoy. Cosmetic dentistry is for anyone desiring to improve the quality of their smile, their oral health and their self-esteem. Because cosmetic dentistry is more affordable than it was a decade ago, more and more people are able to have cosmetic dental work performed.
The growth and popularity of cosmetic dentistry has accelerated greatly and is one of dentistry’s fastest growing areas. Eighty-four percent of dentists now offer cosmetic procedures as part of their practices, and half report a steady increase in the amount of cosmetic procedures performed over the last three years. Why is this?
Dr. Okuda says, “In an age of increased oral consciousness, unlike a generation ago, people are keeping more of their natural teeth as they grow older. Maintaining an appealing smile is a major part of their desire to stay fit, healthy and attractive.” Additionally, an AACD survey revealed that 92% of respondents say an attractive smile is an important social asset, yet only 50% of adults are satisfied with their own smile.
Improvements in technology and dental materials provide a variety of cosmetic dental options to people wanting to improve their smile. Here are some situations where cosmetic dentistry can help:
- Anyone who does not smile because of yellow or discolored teeth.
- People with crooked or irregularly shaped teeth.
- Seniors wanting a more youthful appearance.
- A teenager left with chipped teeth after a sporting accident.
- People recovering from automobile accidents, domestic violence or other traumas.
The range of cosmetic procedures available to improve a person’s smile and overall appearance include:
- Bleaching – supervised at-home bleaching, or in-office power or laser bleaching treatments are an effective means of whitening stained, discolored or dull teeth.
- Veneers – thin, specially-made porcelain or resin laminates that adhere to the surface of the original tooth and can be used to correct gaps, or crooked, chipped, discolored and worn teeth.
- Tooth-colored fillings – natural-colored porcelain or composite resin fillings are bonded to the teeth to replace old or unsightly restorations.
- Crowns – porcelain or resin “caps” that fit over the original tooth are an option for general bite dysfunction and broken or severely damaged teeth. Bridges and implants are other options for missing, broken or non-restorable teeth.
- Gum Sculpting – reshaping of the gums to make teeth look longer, the smile more symmetrical, or to correct receding gums lines.
- Orthodontics – used to reposition, straighten, or close gaps between teeth. Options include “invisible” braces made from clear acrylic and “removable” braces for repositioning one or two teeth.
Achieve a Beautiful Stunning Smile!
Beauty is ethereal and everyone wants to look beautiful. Everyone wants a beautiful smile and that means beautiful and healthy teeth. Today’s dentistry let us have the smile we deserve, thanks to dentistry services we can all have something to smile about.
A beautiful smile can have long way toward building self esteem and confidence to brighten your smile. An attractive smile makes you look and feel youthful, healthy and confident. Modern dentistry services can improve your dental health and smile to provide you complete dental care and treatments. The latest in dentistry is available right in our community, making it accessible to people from all walks of life.
Dentistry is a science of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of dental diseases and disorders of oral health. Today’s dental procedures and treatments offer several solutions to oral health disorders and for beautiful appearance of your smile.
The advanced dental care option includes general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and specialty dentistry with common dental treatments. Some of the common general dentistry treatments include root canals, dental implants, dentures and partials, crowns and bridges to maintain good oral health.
Cosmetic dentistry is able to brighten, fill-in, shade, align and even replace teeth with the use of remarkable techniques and materials. Today’s innovative cosmetic dentistry treatment programs offer several solutions to enhance your smile including teeth whitening, tooth bonding, porcelain veneers, inlays and onlays, bone augmentation, orthodontics and more.
Modern cosmetic dentistry gives you choice to choose the smile you’ve always wanted. Now, thanks to the many alternatives of cosmetic dentistry-from whitening to braces-we can all have something to smile about. Cosmetic dentistry has dramatically changed the way teeth are improved.